There has been so much going on around the internet lately and I’ve been collecting great things to read, research, and do. Here are some things you might be interested in!
- Some of the members of the iHomeschool Network has worked so hard to bring you these amazing Ultimate Guides. There are so many fantastic subjects to choose from, like this Ultimate Guide to Spelling Practice, by Paula. Be sure to bookmark, pin, or otherwise save them all for future reference!
- At The Better Mom, Kristen gives great advice on homeschooling a house-full.
- These awesome stop-motion animation lego videos of the Olympic sports would be a hit in any lego-building home.
- I have been pinning on my Art Journaling and Art boards on Pinterest lately, loving the beauty that can be found all around the web.
- Kris writes, “What if God calls us to an art purely for His pleasure, and not for the stamp of approval of the world–will we own it?” in her Five-Minute Friday post today.
- One of my favorite online finds this week is this post by Alisa Burke about her entire sketching process. It includes materials, techniques, and loads of pictures!
- I have a
significant addictionslight problem with art books, especially art journaling or sketching books, lately. This list is not doing anything to help said problem, but it does give me lots to drool over!
- I have always had a love affair with color. I am a woman of drama and boldness, and tend toward color imagery in my life and work. I loved this personality color test. Go take it (it’s very brief) and come back to tell me what your color is in the comments. Make sure you follow the directions and don’t over think it!
- 15 Things Wives Should Stop Doing
- 7 Ways to Cultivate Simple in a Busy World
- 23 Fun and Creative Activities to Nourish Empower and Strengthen Your Friendships
- On the Value of Being Messy- I love Beth’s post. It is true and honest and real. Just as I wish to be.
- The Very Best Way to Schedule Your Life- Ann writes on plucking to insure growth.
Exciting deal coming next week!
A New Feature
Those of you who have been connecting with me here for a while, or are following me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, know that I have become infatuated with art journaling. The artistic process has met a deep need in my life, brought me back to the creativity of my childhood, and helped me to cope with stress and depression. I have come to recognize how crucial it is for those of us with a creative spirit to have an artistic outlet and I want to encourage that in other moms, and especially homeschoolers, who feel that they can’t take any time for themselves.
I will be starting a weekly feature on my blog in September. Yay! Every Thursday I will post either some artwork of my own, how-to’s, informational posts, or guest posts by others who are prioritizing the creative in their lives. Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss anything!