I’ve had my iPhone now for almost two months.
I *love* it.
And I have amassed whole bunch of apps in that short amount of time, after an initial feeling of being overwhelmed by the fact that there are 500,000 of them out there. I asked around, found some posts about the best ones for such-and-such, thought of things I wanted to do with it and thought “there’s got to be an app for that!”
Here are some of my favorites, the ones I use most often:
- Pandora- especially during my morning quiet times, this comes in handy. I use it with my ear buds and have all of my stations in a more compact space
- LifeNotes To Do- A great list app with the ability to organize by goals, smart lists based on tags of location or name, or simply unfiled daily tasks that can later be sorted. I use the pop up alarm feature often.
- Ace Budget- I’ve always done my budgets by hand on a note pad until now. I don’t use excel and this is a great alternative. You can create budgets, add recurring bills, and plot your spending on different types of graphs.
- Art- love this app! The artwork has excellent resolution and includes so many artists and features. I use the quiz feature to test my recognition skills and then bookmark favorite paintings.
- iBird Backyard Plus- we’ve used this often to identify birds out and about. There is so much information about each bird- including calls, similar birds by characteristic, facts and photos.
- All Recipes Pro- I use allrecipes all the time and now I can have my recipes at my fingertips. It has a shopping list feature and a fun spinner to choose meals at random if you’re feeling spontaneous.
- Still Tasty- My mom told me about this app that let’s you know how long food stays safe and tasty, whether open or unopened, in fridge, freezer or pantry
- Book Crawler- my newest find! One of my summer projects is to catalogue all of our books and this app is fabulous! It reads the isbn number on each book and automatically loads it; you can catalog up to 10,000 books. You can then sort by all sorts of things- author, category, price, whether you own it or have read it, etc.